– Method –
For the Vassilopita cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C in fan mode.
- Mix the butter and the caster sugar in the mixer with the wire whip very well until they are fluffy. Once they are fluffy, stop mixing, clean the side walls and continue to mix for another 5 minutes. (It is good that you leave the butter out of the refrigerator, so that it is soft).
- While the mixer is working, take the remaining ingredients from the first mixture (except for the orange) and mix them in a cooking machine with a tablespoon of sugar until they look like powder. When they are prepared add the orange peel and stir.
- Then add this powder to the mixture with butter and the caster sugar and stir at low speed.
- Add the materials of mixture B slowly. Remove the work-bowl from the mixer and add mixture C. and stir very slowly with a ladle.
- Butter and flour a round cake mold of 25 cm diameter with removable sides and bake the cake for 45-50 minutes on the high grill.
- Before baking put the fluri(lucky coin)!!!
- Once ready, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!