– Method –
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 170° C in fan mode.
- Add the butter and the sugar in the work-bowl of the mixer and mix at high speed for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue to mix. Once an egg has been absorbed, add the next one.
- Remove the work-bowl from the mixer and with a rubber spatula take the mixture left on the work-bowl walls. Incorporate it with the remaining mixture.
- Put in a bowl the solid ingredients, that is the flour, the baking powder, the cocoa and the drops of couverture, mix them with a spoon and add them to the work-bowl of the mixer.
- Add the salt, the vanilla extract, the orange zest and gently stir with a rubber spatula until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Pour the mixture into a cake mold with a whole of 23cm. , which has been spread with butter and cocoa.
- Even out the surface of the mixture with a spoon and bake for 50 minutes. Check with a knife and if there is a mixture on the knife then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Take out from the cake mold and let it cool.
For the glaze
- Put the caster sugar in a bowl and add the milk, the cocoa, and the vanilla extract.
- Stir with a spoon until the ingredients are homogenized
For the serving
- Apply the glaze on the cake with a spoon.
- Serve with orange zest